Every digitally savvy business today must have an up-to-date, mobile-friendly and visually pleasing website, with an appealing professional website design in order to attract today’s attention-challenged browsers.
Given the dynamic nature of e-commerce solutions, web applications, social sharing and mobile-ready functionality consumers demand today, it’s fair to say that making sure you regularly review your website’s design and functionality is critical.
Whilst it might be tempting to put off investing the inevitable resources required to complete a website overhaul, an outdated website can also be the difference between securing that new client and losing them to an inferior competitor with a more user-friendly interface.
The good news for Australian businesses is that outsourcing web development to low-cost labour markets like the Philippines provides a cost effective solution for securing a professional website design. And just as you would take care with the appointment of any new employee or contractor who joins your business, doing your homework and weighing up the potential benefits and risks is crucial when employing offshore staff.
Here is Kinetic Innovative Staffing’s top 5 list of things to consider when offshoring web and application development:
- Identify what functionality your website will require, what kind of Content Management System (CMS) your existing website is built on and importantly, what kind of capacity your new website will need to have before you write the job description so that you know what skills you are looking for.
- Consider not only the relevant experience in the same or similar CMS systems but also whether or not a candidate has the right attitude; one that reflects the values of your organisation.
- Take the time to personally interview each potential candidate, because you’ll have to work with them throughout the process, and so a mutual understanding and the ability to communicate effectively is critical.
- Choose a reputable offshoring solutions firm like Kinetic Innovative Staffing who will partner with you throughout recruitment, appointment, training and beyond.
- Make sure you have access to the most up-to-date tools and technology available when it comes to communicating with your staff, such as communications software, online time sheets and network performance software.
Web development shouldn’t take weeks or months to accomplish. Outsourcing tasks to remote workers should be more of a business strategy rather than a cost-cutting method.
The 5 tips above seems simple but would take time to accomplish. With the right approach and the right tools, you’ll be able to hire the right web development staff and manage them effectively despite being thousands of miles away from each other.